Monthly Archives: December 2016
Fishing is an activity that everyone looks forward to. But, at times, certain precautions need to be taken while going for the same. Very recently, it so happened that two whale sharks approached a fishing boat and jerked it twice. Such incidents are rare but cannot be totally ruled out while going fishing. But, incidents such these cannot dampen your fishing spirits, and mostly they do not dampen the spirits. These just add more excitement to the activity. Also, if you book your fishing experience from websites like https://www.truebluefishing.com.au/ , then all you have to do is relax and enjoy the experience; all the fishing precautions are managed by their experts.
At times, you go fishing privately with friends or family. In such cases, there might be absence of an expert professional to guide you in times of distress. But, why not know the tricks of the trade yourself so that you would know what precautions to take while fishing. These little tips would help you enjoy a safe fishing experience. Read on to know more…
- Inspection: conducting inspection is necessary of the water body where you are going for fishing. At times, unwanted marine mammals are sighted and it becomes unsafe for you to take out your boat and go fishing. Also, regular screening of the water body is necessary due to tidal conditions. Only when the water body is marked safe, should you venture out for this thrilling activity.
- Bring Handy Equipment while Fishing: Handy equipment here would primarily mean a life jacket. In fact, life jackets should be present for every one on the boat. That, apart from maps, a bottle of water, some food, first aid, flashlight and a radio must always be present on the boat. During emergency, these are the items which would come in handy the most.
- Dress Properly: The river or seaside can sometimes be swarming with insects and mosquitoes. Thus, mosquito repellents and sunscreens are must haves during your fishing experience. You must also wear proper clothes so that insects cannot find an easy prey in you. Wearing comfortable and suitable footwear is necessary as well.
- Fish in permitted areas: In the enthusiasm of fishing and adventure, care should be taken that you do not enter territories which specifically do not allow fishing. This is so because there might be considerable danger in the waters; the water might be deep or it might be a private lake where fishing is just not allowed. In case trespassing occurs, then you might be liable to pay legal charges. At times, fishing is not permitted in certain areas to save endangered species or conserve wildlife. Such places especially must be avoided. Fishing is an activity as well as a power, which should be taken up judiciously in the context of saving the environment. Websites like https://www.truebluefishing.com.au/ take special care while booking that the environment is protected. Read more at True Blue Fishing Charters
- Be careful while handling the fishing rod: If you are new to this experience, then make sure you have an elder with you while handling the bait and the fishing rod. It sometimes becomes difficult to manage.
Thus, these are some precautions that you need to follow while fishing. These apart, you can enjoy a great fishing experience. Do not forget to book your fishing sessions from websites like https://www.truebluefishing.com.au/ soon.
Learning the ropes can seem overwhelming if you’re new to deep sea fishing. It is widely known that fishing is a sport and skill that can be mastered with experience and the skill takes time to develop. But you too can be an expert when you are motivated to fish and you are armed with the right expertise. If you’re living in Australia, there are many experienced fishing guides and captains to assist you when you go on a fishing trip with any Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay or gold coast deep sea fishing charter boats available so you can be educated by the right people.
Here are beginner-friendly tips for your first-ever deep sea fishing trip that can make it more effective and enjoyable:
- It is a good idea to go on a fishing trip with any Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay or Gold Coast deep sea fishing charter boats available with someone who has experience already if you are a rookie angler who has never been deep sea fishing before. Letting yourself be guided by an expert angler who knows the waters well, who recognizes where potentially to catch the good fish already, and who will help protect you in case of an emergency is the best way to go for your first trip.
- An offshore fishing trip with any Sunshine Coast, Byron Bay or Gold Coast deep sea fishing charter boats available can quickly become unpleasant when seasickness kicks in if you have a sensitive stomach. Stay above-deck when you begin to feel sick, avoid standing near your boat’s engines and the exhaust fumes and focus your eyes on the horizon to avoid spending your entire trip nauseated.
- Before going to deep waters, most fishermen have the idea that they should be catching their live baits over the reefs. This seems quite illogical since what you want to do is actually cast your fishing rods to where there are bait fish since more big fish are feeding in that area.
- Use a soft, imitation crab bait on a full moon to increase your chances of hooking big fish.
- There are probably larger fish below the surface of the water if you see birds like seagulls that are feasting on small bait fish.
- You can find a large fish or even encounter dolphins when you chance upon a large floating debris wood.
- If you see a group of dolphins, yellowfin tuna are usually found schooling with them.
- If you find ledges, posts and rocks, watch out for signs of large fish such as snooks and bass.
- Learn how to tie a good and sturdy knot. Also, learn how to untie them the right away using a lighter or a match.
- Try attaching a float to your anchor when it is stuck at the bottom. After the tide has changed in direction, you can return to the same spot without getting stuck again.
Use a circle hook! Because of the minute gap and the reverse point of a circle hook, it can guarantee more catch since they hook just the lip and not in the gut.